Client Portal allows you to welcome clients to your practice and distribute Intake documentation, forms and information electronically. Once intake is completed the Client Portal provides a secure environment for client communications, calendar and appointment management, document and form distribution and invoicing and client payment.
If some clients are minors, you can create their individual Client Contact Network to allow parents and guardians to access and manage appointments, communications and documents on their behalf.
Client Portal Staff Settings
Staff settings for the client portal are set by an administrator or individual preferences by each Therapist. Organization Administration permissions are needed to set Staff permissions for the client portal, add staff subscriptions and create intake forms.
Default Permissions includes options related to the Client Portal that must be added manually:
- Upload Client General Documents
- Can invite clients to the client portal and manage intake forms
Therapist automatically includes:
- Can Add, Edit, and Archive Dynamic Forms DOES NOT include intake forms
- Can upload client general documents
Add manually in Default settings:
- Can invite clients to the client portal and manage intake forms.
Staff can select preferences for service types, notifications and locations.
- All Client Portal settings
- Client portal intake forms
Choose from a variety of default intake form templates provided or create your own dynamic forms that automatically populate basic information. Once the forms are completed and acknowledged, they are returned to Client page and stored in General Documents securely while maintaining HIPPA compliance.
- Intake forms can be printed or sent electronically to a Client’s Portal account to be completed and signed.
- Create custom intake forms containing dynamic elements or copy new or existing dynamic forms to intake forms.
- Default Intake Forms are provided and can be included or removed and new forms added to the initial client intake packet.
- Missed intake forms can be resent or individual intake forms can be sent via the Client Portal in the Client General Documents. Complete Intake Forms packets are saved in the General Documents tab.
- Print blank intake forms for Clients to fill out and upload them to their General Documents manually.
Clients and the Client Portal
Staff can Invite Clients to Client Portal if they have been given “Can invite clients to the client portal and manage intake forms” under Default Permissions.
Once in the portal clients can:
- Access and complete intake forms
- Send and receive secure messages
- Manage appointments
- Enter payment and insurance information and make payments via the portal
Client Contact Network
A Client Contact Network can be used for parents or guardians to manage minor family members and other situations where one individual is responsible for another's care. The Client Contact Network allows the parent or guardian to complete forms, schedule Appointments or make Payments (see Clients and the Client Portal above). The following process is used to create the client contact network:
- Enable Client Contact Network
- A contact can be a new contact or an existing Client in TheraNest. A person in the contact network does not have to be a client in the system.
- Client Contacts will be able to have access to multiple Client Account Profiles. For example, if you have three children, you can be added as a Client Contact for each of them. When you log into YOUR Client Portal Account you will be able to toggle between the Profiles.