TheraNest is designed to help you organize and keep secure the Client Electronic Health Record (EHR) using the Client Details page, client, case and progress note forms, and by uploading completed General Documents. The complete EHR can be accessed all from one place depending on specific permissions granted within the system.
Client Tab - contains the information you need to manage a client including:
- Client Details
- Bill to and Insurance Information
- Assigned Staff
- Contact Network
- General Documents that are uploaded and completed intake forms
You can also easily access Appointments, Notes, Ledger (invoices and billing information) and Bill to Insurance information from this page.
The video below is from our webinar Build Your Client EHR and the written information can be downloaded and printed from this quick reference Feature Guide.
Clients and Prospective Clients
You can add a new client quickly with just their name and location and add details later.
With a busy practice you can also create Prospective Clients to build a waiting list or track people who have shown interest but aren’t yet ready to join you as a client.
Client Details are used within TheraNest to populate fields in other areas to connect all aspects to the EHR.
- Fields required by CMS for inclusion on the CMS 1500 when submitting to insurance are standard in the client details section. If billing insurance, the following information must be included in the client details to prevent rejection:
- First and Last Name
- Client ID number
- Default Service Type
- State (abbreviation only)
- Legal Gender
- Other client information includes Preferred Name and Intake Date
- General Documents contains can be used to upload electronic client documents and store intake forms completed in the Client Portal
Client Notes can be used for general non-PHI information about the client
Staff are assigned to clients and cases. Only staff members assigned to the case and administrators can view case information to ensure HIPPA compliance.
- Staff assigned to Clients will automatically be assigned to any active Client Cases.
- Any Staff assigned to an active Client Case will be automatically added as an Assigned Staff.
When creating a new case, only the staff creating the case (and assigned staff supervisor) will be added. Other Staff must be added individually.
Create and edit Client Flags that display on the agenda showing important information related to client billing, scheduling or clinical status. Client flags are created and then applied to the Client Profile and when selected, display on the Agenda appointment.