Permissions: You must have Organization Administration permissions.
There are two levels of access for staff when using e-Prescribe, Registered Staff and Subscribed Staff. ALL staff accessing e-Prescribe must be Registered Staff. Those who are prescribing medication are BOTH Registered AND Subscribed Staff.
Registered e-Prescribe Staff
Registered staff are all staff that will need to have access to view patient medication information or to grant EPCS Prescriber Rights. Registered staff:
- can view medication information for clients
- can grant EPCS Prescriber Rights
- MAY NOT submit prescriptions
- are not billed as a subscribed e-Prescribe user
NOTE: Staff that are only registered for e-Prescribe MAY NOT prescribe medication and are not included in the monthly subscription fee.
Subscribed e-Prescribe Staff
Providers who will be managing and prescribing medication are subscribed to e-Prescribe after they have been Registered. They are then notified to complete the identity proofing process to be authorized to prescribe.
NOTE: Staff subscribed to e-Prescribe MAY prescribe medication and are included in the monthly subscription fee.
Before you Begin
The first step in the process of using e-Prescribe is to request that the service be activated for your organization. As a part of this process you will select either e-Prescribe with EPCS OR e-Prescribe with PDMP which includes access to the prescription drug monitoring program. All Subscribed Staff will have access to the option selected when your account is activated.
To activate e-Prescribe:
- Navigate to the Organization tab and select Manage Subscription.
- Click the e-Prescribe tab.
- This message will display under the subscription information section.
- Use either the email address provided - email@example.com - or click the Help bubble to contact a support person who can help assist you to activate e-Prescribe.
Add Registered e-Prescribe Staff
Staff are registered in the middle of the e-Prescribe tab under the heading Register e-Prescribe Staff and their name, once registered, will appear on the far right of the page under Registered e-Prescribe Staff.
- All e-Prescribe users must be registered and will appear in this list.
- ONLY those filling prescriptions are Subscribed and will appear in this list AND the subscribed list.
To Register e-Prescribe Staff:
- Access the e-Prescribe tab on the Organization > Manage Subscription page.
- In the center of the screen under Register e-Prescribe Staff type in the name of the staff to be registered in the text box containing Choose Provider and select the name from the list.
- The information for the selected Staff is populated on the screen below the Active and Registered e-Prescribe Staff boxes.
- Confirm or enter missing Staff information.
- e-Prescribing Role - Licensed Prescriber, Mid-Level Prescriber (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant), Nurse or Clerical Admin options are available. Typically the Nurse and Clerical Admin roles are used for staff that will be Registered Staff and be able to access information without being Subscribed Staff that will prescribe.
- Default Location & Address pulls in from the Default Location listed on the Staff Member Details.
- Organization Name & Address pulls in from the Organization Profile.
- All fields except e-Prescribing Role are required.
- Click Submit. A "Subscription Confirmation" is displayed, click "Yes, Submit"
NOTE: At this point you have NOT subscribed the staff. This is confirmed by looking at the Registered e-Prescribe Staff list on the right and noting the name DOES NOT appear under Active e-Prescribe Staff.
Update Registration Information
- Click the staff name in the Registered e-Prescribe Staff list.
- Make desired updates.
NOTE: make changes to default information: address, phone, and fax in the Locations & Rooms tab of Organization Settings.
- Click Submit.
Add Subscribed e-Prescribe Staff
After you have Registered e-Prescribe Staff you create Active e-Prescribe Staff so they can complete identity proofing process and begin prescribing.
NOTE: All Active e-Prescribe Staff will be given an active subscription and the organization charged the monthly fee based on the subscription chosen.
To create Active e-Prescribe Staff:
- Confirm that the staff appears in the Registered e-Prescribe Staff list on the right of the e-Prescription page. If they do not, complete Add Registered e-Prescribe Staff above.
- Type the Registered e-Prescribe Staff to Subscribe in Active e-Prescribe Staff field.
- The Provider is added to the list, add others as required and click Update Subscribed Staff List.
- A Confirm Changes to your e-Prescribe subscription box is displayed. Click Update Subscription.