Permissions You must have Billing Permissions.
To resubmit a corrected claim, you will need mark the claim as Rejected and Resubmit with Resubmission Details. This sends the Corrected Claim to the payer and populates box 22 with a reference number and resubmission code.
NOTE: In order to resubmit a corrected Claim you will need to ensure that Ask for resubmission details prior to Re-Submit failed claim in the EDI File Settings is selected for this payer.
Resubmit a Corrected Claim
- Click Billing tab in primary navigation bar.
- Click Claims in side navigation bar and locate your claim.
- Click Update Status and select Rejected/Denied.
NOTE: If your claim is in the ERA Received Tab you will click Actions > Mark Claim as Rejected
- Navigate to the Rejected/Denied Tab and locate your claim
- Click Update Status > Resubmit New Claim
- Select Resubmission Code in Resubmission Details window.
- 7 - Replacement of Prior Claim (Corrected Claim)
- 8 - Void/Cancel of Prior Claim
- Enter the Original Reference Number - This is the Payers Claim Number, also known as ICN or a Control Number (you can find this number by following this article or by contacting the payer).
Resubmission details appear in Loop 2300 of the EDI file and Box 22 of form CMS1500:
NOTE: If your claim is in the Paid Processed tab and you need to Resubmit a Paid Claim that is in the Paid/Processed Tab.