Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions.
To resubmit a claim that has an insurance payment that came from an ERA and is in the Paid/Processed tab you will need to undo the ERA processing and then mark the claim Rejected/Denied.
Undo ERA Processing
To undo the ERA processing:
- Navigate to Paid/Processed tab, find the claim.
- Select Actions, Undo ERA & Claim Processing.
NOTE: If this button is greyed out this is because the payment from the insurance on this ERA was not unapplied and deleted from the client ledger.
Mark the Claim Rejected/Denied
- The claim/ERA will then move to the ERA Received tab > scroll to the right click Actions, and choose Mark Claim as Rejected
- This will move the claim to the Rejected/Denied tab, but leave the ERA in the ERA Received tab (after you resubmit your claim you can mark this ERA as processed).
- From the Rejected/Denied tab resubmit the claim as usual.
NOTE: You can copy the Original Reference Number (Claim Number) before going to your Rejected/Denied tab so that you can paste this into the "Original Reference Number" field when resubmitting your corrected claim.