Permissions: You must have Organization Administration Permissions.
You can add Non-CPT Code Service Types for charges or fees not associated with CPT Codes. Examples could be No Show Fees, Late Cancel Fees, Administration Fees, or Materials.
Related Article: Add & Edit Service Types
- Click Organization tab in primary navigation bar.
- In Settings, click the Service Types tab.
- Enter Service Type Name.
NOTE: This should be a Client Friendly name, not the CPT Code name. This is what Client will see as Service Type on any Billing documents as well as in the Client Portal. Do not use things like "Tier 1 Rate," "Discounted Rate," or "New Rate," etc.
- Enter Rate or price for Service Type.
- Select Create new Non-CPT Code checkbox. This allows you to create a code that you can use to track this service.
- Enter the Code number you want to use to track the Service.
- Select Always Bill For and enter 1 for the units. This means that every time you add this to an invoice, it will be the Rate listed above one time.
- Create a Service Type Color Code (optional) - Select a background and text for color for Service Type. This displays on the Calendar view in each Appointment.
- Click Save button.