Permissions You must have Organization Administration Permissions.
This is the first step in enrolling with Apex Clearinghouse! Whether you are setting a Clearinghouse for the first time in TheraNest or switching from your current Clearinghouse to Apex, this is where you will start!
Before You Begin:
- Gather all information needed for the Enrollment Process.
- Check if your Payers require Enrollment
- Understand the Enrollment Process
IMPORTANT: If you do not follow the proper instructions below then you can expect an impact in the payment of your Claims.
Let's Get Started!
IMPORTANT: Once you accept the Terms and Conditions you will be unable to change this option. This will lock you in to Apex Clearinghouse and you will not be able to revert this decision.
- Click Organization in your Primary Navigation bar.
- Click Claims Service in left side navigation.
- Read over information in the main content section of the page.
- Click Request Electronic Insurance Claim Service.
- Read over Terms & Conditions and select Accept & Continue.
IMPORTANT: Once you Accept the Terms and Conditions you will be unable to change this option. This will lock you into Apex Clearinghouse and you will not be able to revert this decision.
- Next Enroll with Payers who require Enrollment and/or
- For Payers Who Require EDI Enrollment:
You will need to complete Enrollment Survey based on how you're enrolled with your Payer, and wait until you are approved to switch Apex.
IMPORTANT: You can STILL submit Claims through your existing Clearinghouse while you wait for approval.
- Learn if you should enroll as Type 1, Type 2, or Combination.
- Steps to Enroll as Type 1
- Steps to Enroll as Type 2
- Steps to Enroll as a Combination
Once you have completed the Enrollment Survey and been approved, you can switch your Payers to Apex in TheraNest.
- For Payers Who Do NOT Require Enrollment:
For the Payers that do NOT require EDI Enrollment you can start submitting Claims for them immediately through Apex. You just need to switch your payer.
VERY IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
- Do not cancel your current Clearinghouse connection. You will need to keep that connection open to support dual submission.
- Dual Submission (submitting to both Apex and your current Clearinghouse) is not a permanent function. TheraNest cannot support this functionality indefinitely.
- It is CRITICAL that you submit EDI and ERA enrollments for all appropriate/eligible Payers.