Permissions: You must have Administrator Permissions or higher.
If a Client was incorrectly charged, you can issue a full refund for the transaction on the Credit Card Charges Report. You cannot process partial refunds at this time.
IMPORTANT: Refunds can be processed within 1 year of the original Payment Date. Any Payment after the 1-year mark will need to be refunded via check back to your Client. Support can help remove the Payment records from the Client Ledger if needed.
Please confirm your credit card on file is ACTIVE/NOT CANCEL before processing a refund.
- Click Reports tab in primary navigation bar.
- In Billing section click Credit Card Charges.
- Enter Transaction Date Range to search for appropriate Credit Card transaction.
- Filter the Report by clicking the column header to sort data or click in Search field to narrow results.
- Locate appropriate Transaction.
- Click Void if transaction charge has not been settled.
- OR click Refund if transaction charge has been settled.
- Confirm Void or Refund.
NOTE: Voiding a charge will remove it from the Report.
- The Status will change to Refund in Progress and you will be able to print a refund receipt.
Once the funds have transferred successfully the status will change to Refunded. The Client’s balance will be recalculated and the payment will be removed from their Ledger.
A daily lump withdraw for refunds processed the day prior (or anywhere between 1-3 business days prior, depending on bank) will be debited from your account.
NOTE: Our processing fees cover the movement of funds for successful transactions. Because of this we are unable to refund our customers the processing fees of refunded transactions. The full amount of the Client's transaction will be debited from your account.