Permissions: Therapist must be subscribed to the Client Portal.
Secure Messaging is an add-on feature in TheraNest for Therapists and Clients to communicate in a secure and HIPAA-compliant way. Before you can send secure messages in the Client Portal, it must be enabled by an Organization Administrator and Staff Member must be added to Client Portal.
You can view and access secure messages at anytime by clicking Inbox from the top navigation menu.
- Conversation Counter - If you reply back and forth with the Client, all replies will be grouped together. Click on the conversation to expand replies.
- Unread Messages have a white background and bolded recipient.
Read Messages have a gray background.
Read a Message & Open Attachments
- Click on the Subject link to view full message details.
- If there is an attachment click the blue paper icon at the bottom of the message to download.
Reply to a Message
You can reply to any message by clicking on the blue reply button. Scroll down to composition field.
NOTE: If the client has carbon copied (Cc) a contact to the message, you will see the contact name. You do not have the ability to add or edit Cc's contacts. All replies to the message will be sent to the client and the contact person Cc'd on the message. Learn more about how clients Cc contacts.
- Open the message.
- Click Reply.
- Enter a message and click Send or Send & Copy to Contact Log.
Compose a Message
You can compose a new message from the Inbox, Sent, or Trash, by clicking on the Compose button.
- Click Compose.
- Enter message information.
- Click Send or Send & Copy to Contact Log.
[Back to Top]
Send Mass Messages
Users with Therapists Permissions can send messages to one Client, multiple Clients. or all active Clients, they are assigned to. Select desire Client's OR click Select All.
Sending a mass message works as a BCC function. Clients WILL NOT be able to see who else the message was sent to. This is to ensure your Clients privacy.
NOTE: Users with Admin permissions can email all active clients in the organization.
Each message will remain in the trash for 15 days before it is permanently deleted from the system. You can move messages from the trash back to the Inbox to avoid permanent deletion.
Move Message to Trash
- Click the trash can on the right of the message. You will receive an alert that this conversation has been moved to the trash.
OR select multiple checkbox to the left of the messages and click Move to Trash at top.
Permanently Delete a Message
Click the Trash tab. Select appropriate Messages and click Permanently Delete button.
IMPORTANT: Permanently deleted message are not retrievable.
Move to Inbox from the Trash
You can remove a deleted conversation from the Trash back to the Inbox by click the checkbox on the left of a single conversation or select multiple conversations and click the Move to Inbox button at the top.
Print Secure Messages
You have the ability to print one or multiple secure messages to keep a separate record of communications with a client.
To print secure messages:
- Click the Messages icon in the navigation bar to access messages.
- Type Client Name in Search to filter for a client if needed.
- Select the message(s) you would like to print.
- Click the Print Selected button.
- The message(s) will be combined and saved as a PDF document with each message thread on a separate page.
NOTE: Unread messages that are selected to print will be marked as read.