Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions with the ability to "submit Claims to Clearinghouse" enabled.
- Claim filing indicator code invalid (OF)
- Element SBR05 is missing. It is required when SBR01 is not 'P' and payer is Medicare. Segment SBR is defined in the guideline at position 2900.
This Rejection indicates that an Insurance Type aside from "Other" needs to be used for this Payer.
If you unsure what the type should be used, you can reach out to the Clearinghouse or the Insurance Payer for clarification.
- Click Billing tab in primary navigation bar.
- Click Insurers in side menu.
- Locate appropriate Payer and click Edit.
- Under Insurance Type, you will need to change from Other to another designation.
Commonly Requested Insurance Types
- Other - OF
- Medicare Part B: MB
- Health Maintenance Organization: HM
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield: BL
- Commercial Insurance: CI
- Tricare: CH