Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions with the ability to "Submit Claims to Clearinghouse" enabled.
The insurance type is a code that identifies the type of insurance policy within insurance plan. The insurance type goes out electronically as Loop 2000b Segment SBR09. In TheraNest this insurance type defaults to Other.
How to Change the Insurance Type:
If you unsure what the type should be used, you can reach out to the Insurance Payer for clarification.
- Click Billing tab in primary navigation bar.
- Click Insurers in side menu.
- Locate appropriate Payer and click Edit.
- Under Insurance Type, if you need to change from Other to another designation, use the following list of Insurance Types:
- 11 - Other Non-Federal Program
- 12 - Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- 13 - Point of Service (POS)
- 14 - Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO)
- 16 - Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Medicare Risk>
- AM - Automobile Medical
- BL - Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- CH - Champus
- CI - Commercial Insurance Co.
- DS - Disability
- FI - Federal Employee Program
- HM - Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- MB - Medicare Part B
- MC - Medicaid>
- OF - Other
- WC - Workers' Compensation Health Claim