Permissions You must have Organization Administration Permissions.
After you Subscribe to TheraNest Claims (this must be done first) you can Enroll with your Payers in Apex. (This is for Type 1 Enrollment, click here if you need Type 2.) Before you begin:
- Check the NPEES NPI Registry to ensure you are entering the correct NPI and Provider Information.
- Gather all information needed for the Enrollment Process.
- Check if your Payers require Enrollment
IMPORTANT: If you do not follow the proper instructions below then you can expect an impact in the payment of your Claims.
Also, we recommend you add your payers to TheraNest before enrollment. Follow the steps in this article to add your payers to TheraNest.
Enroll with TheraNest Claims
This is a one time process, and it may have already been done. If not, before you enroll your Providers, be sure to Enroll with Claims and agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Click Billing tab in primary navigation bar.
- Click Claims in side menu.
- Click Request Electronic Claim Service and Agree to Terms and Conditions.
Type 1 NPI Apex Enrollment
You will need to repeat this process for each Rendering Provider credentialed as a Type 1 (NPI).
IMPORTANT: If you do not follow the proper instructions below then you can expect an impact in the payment of your claims.
- Scroll down and select Individual (Type 1 NPI).
- Select the Provider from dropdown.
- Select No if this is the first time you are filling out this Enrollment for FOR THIS PROVIDER.
- Select Yes if you are filling out this Enrollment for again for a Provider who initially had an error. Learn more about failed enrollments.
- Click Next.
- Enter Contact Information and Billing Address for the primary contact for this enrollment and click Next.
- This contact will receive the confirmation email from Apex, enrollment status updates from TheraNest, will be contacted by a Change Healthcare Rep within 2 business days.
- Enter Practice (Billing) Information for the Rendering Provider. Click Next.
- Click Submit.
- Repeat process for each Rendering Provider credentialed as Type 1.
Did My Enrollment Go Through?
After you submit your Apex Enrollment Survey you will receive two separate confirmations for each time you submit.
- Thank You screen - This screen lets you know that the form has been completed. No further action needs to be taken at this time.
- Confirmation Email - Within 24 hours you should receive a confirmation email for each completion of the enrollment survey. You can also wait 24 hours to contact TheraNest support if you did not receive an email to ensure it went through.
NOTE: You will receive a confirmation email for each Enrollment Survey you complete. This means you could receive several emails. Some emails may appear to be a duplicate, but they are not. If you have any questions, please reach out to TheraNest Support.