Permissions: You must have Therapist Permissions or higher.
Dynamic Forms allow you to collect and store client information in TheraNest. Each type of form - Client, Case, Organization or Progress Note - has a specific purpose and are accessed depending on the form type. Dynamic elements are only available for Client, Case and Progress Note forms.
NOTE: You cannot upload your own intake forms at this time. You must either create a new dynamic form or edit existing forms.
Create a Dynamic Form: Client, Case or Organization
NOTE: Dynamic Progress Notes follow the same process but have different dynamic fields. For details see:
Create a Dynamic Progress Note Form
- Click Dynamic Forms tab in primary navigation bar.
- Click New Form button.
- Enter Form Name.
- Select the Form Type being created.
- Select Form Use:
- I need to use this form once per Client - Only a single copy of this form is used and updated. There will only be one copy of this form filled out per Client. You can edit the form but you cannot create a duplicate entry.
- I need to use this form multiple times per Client - A new copy of this form is used/updated every time e.g. a new form is created and saved per client visit.
- Select to display Form with 1 or 2 columns.
- Click and drag appropriate element to add to Dynamic Form. See descriptions below.
- Drag elements to desired order.
- Click Save Form when complete.
Regular (Customizable) Form Elements
Form fields allow you to request information from the Therapist/Client when they are filling out the Form. Regular Form field are purple. See below for Dynamic Fields.
A. Section Header
Add a headline/title for a section or field. Section Headers appear bolded in form.
B. Short Answer
This adds a field for short answers. Text box is for one word answers such as email address, date, number or URL. Dashes and special characters are not allowed in text boxes.
NOTE: You cannot have duplicate or same name text boxes. Example: Phone number. You must use differentiators such as Mobile Phone number, Work Phone Number, Home phone number, etc.
C. Paragraph Answer
Paragraph Answer adds a field for longer answers. You cannot limit the amount of information that you can enter. This for larger explanation type answers.
D. Check Box
This allows you to add selectable options. Users can select multiple check boxes. You can drag and drop options to desired order.
Dropdown allows you to add a multiple choice selection. Add dropdown responses in the order you would like them displayed to Client.
F. Text Box
Text Box allows you to enter form text such as instructions or information. Text boxes do not require action. Copy and paste any text in. Hit enter to create space/paragraphs within the text.
Dynamic Form Elements
Dynamic Form Elements pull information from TheraNest into the Form for you. For example, you can now insert a Client Full Name Dynamic Dynamic Form Element and TheraNest will pull the Client Name into the Form for you.
IMPORTANT: Dynamic Fields are not available for Organization or Group Case forms.
The following are Dynamic Fields (indicated by being grayed out):
- Client Full Name
- Client Email
- Client Mobile Number
- Client Id Number
- Client Date of Birth
- Client Address
- Client Diagnosis - only available for use in Case forms. When the Client Diagnosis is added to the form, the form can only be distributed through Clinical Documents in Notes section of the Client page.
What it looks like while creating:
What it looks like in the Form:
Dynamic Forms Elements Displayed
- Dynamic Elements
- Regular (customizable) Elements