Permissions: You must have Billing Permissions.
An Invoice must be created in order for a Client to pay for their Appointment or for you to bill to Insurance. Creating an Invoice is how you bill for an Appointment.
To correctly bill in TheraNest, ensure you are creating Invoices for EACH Appointment. You can create Invoices from 3 places in TheraNest, the Agenda, the Client Ledger, and through Batch Invoicing. After an Invoice is created you can accept/apply a payment.
From the Agenda
This is the TheraNest recommended workflow as creating from the Agenda attaches the Invoice automatically to the correct Appointment.
- Click Add Invoice button for appropriate Appointment on the Agenda.
- The Invoice is automatically created and pulls in the Date of Service and all Service Types from the Appointment. No further action is needed.
From a Client's Ledger
- Locate Client and open Client Profile.
- Click Ledger from side navigation.
- Click New Invoice button.
- Select Filter Range, Recent 30 Days, All Past, or All. Any Appointment that falls with in set filter range will display.
IMPORTANT: If you do not see your Date of Service, adjust your filters FIRST. Do not click "Add an Invoice Item" until you are sure that the Date of Service truly does not exist.
- Click the X to remove any Dates of Service you don't want to include in this Invoice.
- Click Save once you have added/removed appropriate items from the Invoice.
- Click Billing tab in primary navigation bar.
- Click Batch Invoicing in side menu.
- Set desired Date Range. All Dates of Service that haven't been billed in your set date range will display.
- Click Search button.
- Select or deselect Clients you wish to create Invoices for.
- Click the green Create Selected Invoices button.
- Click Yes I'm sure to confirm you want to create Invoices.