You will receive a unique Telehealth Session URL from your Therapist. If you do not have a link, contact your Therapist to retrieve the link.
You do not have to download anything to securely join a Telehealth session. You will be able to join from you phone, tablet, and computer. The Telehealth session windows are fully responsive and will adapt to the screen size of your device.
- If you haven't done so already, read Prepare for your First Telehealth Session.
- Conduct a Pre-call Test to make sure your internet is strong enough and you're using the correct device and web browser.
Join Via [Appointment Reminder Email or Text] [Client Portal] [Client Portal Secure Message]
And then [Allow Microphone & Camera Access] [Virtual Waiting Room]
To Join from the URL via Appointment Reminder, Email, or Text.
Your Provider may send you the Telehealth Session Link via email, text, or Appointment Reminder. Click on the URL, or copy and paste the URL you receive from your Provider into an internet browser window.
To Join via Client Portal
If your Provider uses the Client Portal, access the Telehealth Session link in your Appointments tab. Find your Appointment and click Start Session.
To Join via Secure Message
- Login to your Client Portal account.
- Click your Inbox in the header.
- Find Secure Message with link to the session you need to join.
- Click on Link.
Allowing Camera and Microphone Access
Your internet browser should prompt you to Allow camera and microphone access. This is a critical step! Otherwise, your provider will not be able to see or hear you in the session. If you have trouble allowing access, this guide can help.
When you first join the session, you will be in the Virtual Waiting Room.
While you are in the Waiting Room:
- Click Test my connection to ensure you have a strong internet connection and good video/audio connectivity.
- Click I'm Ready.
You will go to the waiting room where your provider will admit you into the session.
Manage your Session
Once in a session, there are a few actions you can perform:
via Action Tray
At the bottom of your screen, you can Share your Screen, View all Attendees in the Session, Open the Chat and Leave or End the Session.
- Share Screen - You have the ability to share your screen with your Clients.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT show anything that would violate HIPAA. We recommend you close out all other screens or apps before sharing your screen to ensure that you aren't sharing HIPAA information.
- View Attendees - Opens a side panel where you can see all Session Participants both those who are admitted and those who are still in the Waiting Room.
- Open Chat - Opens the Chat side panel. You can send a message to anyone who is in the Waiting Room.
NOTE for Group Sessions: The Waiting Room chat feature is visible to all participants. Anything entered in the waiting room chat will be visible to other Clients as well as other Providers on the session.
- Leave Session - When the session is complete, click Leave Session to exit the Session.
- End Session - Click End Session to end the Session for all Participants.
via 3 Dot Menu
You can access the 3 Dot Menu for yourself OR your Client. From here you can Enlarge or Shrink a video, Mute, Stop Video or Hide Self View.
- Enlarge or Shrink Video - This allows you to make one person's video primary and the other secondary. (You can also double click on the screen you want to make primary)
- Mute/Unmute - You can mute yourself or any Participant.
- Stop Video - Turns off the video for any Participant.
- Hide Self View - Turns off your video for only you.
- Set Audio & Video
The provider can end the session at any time. The session has a two-hour time limit after which the session will automatically end. This pop-up displays when the session ends.
Will our sessions be recorded?
No. TheraNest does not allow for session video or audio to be recorded.