Billing Automation is currently in Beta and not available to the general public.
It will be available to all organizations in 2024.
Billing Automation Settings
- Click Claims Service under Organization.
- Click Automation Settings.
- Click the toggle to enable automation for each setting as needed. A confirmation window opens.
NOTE: If the setting is already enabled, move the toggle to the left to disable.
- The confirmation window opens to explain the automation associated with each setting. Click Enable.
NOTE: Click Disable to cancel the action of enabling the setting.
- Once enabled, the billing workflow associated with the setting will be automated unless exclusion rules are created to prevent specific Invoices or Claims from being created, processed, or submitted to Payers.
- You have the ability to configure exclusion rules to restrict the automation action for each setting. You can create as many rules as needed for your organization.
- Click icon to collapse or expand Exclusion Rules window after enabling setting is enabled.
For example, if all automations are enabled, then the following would be the cadence of automation:
- Invoice created on Monday
- Invoice processed to Claims Awaiting Submission on Tuesday
- Claim submitted to the Claims Scrubber and (if no errors are present) submitted to the clearinghouse on Wednesday